Home Care Services
HOW MAY WE PARTNER WITH YOU?
Virginia Home Care Partners understands the desire and benefits of maintaining an independent lifestyle – young or old. We partner in providing the highest quality home care to the elderly, disabled and individuals recovering in-home. We offer a wide range of services to help you or your loved one live independently, in the comfort and security of home. By thoroughly assessing individual needs, we partner together to develop a personalized care plan that provides appropriate home care services.
Our services are available 365 days a year, on a 24/7 basis to provide compassionate, caring assistance. Virginia Home Care Partners hires, trains, and supervises an exceptional Care Team of highly qualified professionals, in order to meet our high standards of excellence in home care. Our home Care Partners are compassionate, competent, and dedicated to meeting your needs. This standard of excellence and compassion from our Care Team Partners truly makes a difference in the quality of life of our Client Partners and their families.
Love People, Journey Together, Make a Difference!
Companion Care means coming along side to assist where a limitation begins. A limitation can be imposed by aging, a health condition, surgery, or a physical disability requiring additional assistance to live independently in a home or facility setting. Assistance with home management tasks and oversight, health and well-being, companionship, and transportation can provide the needed support system.
Our Companion Care Services include:
- Making Beds
- Light housekeeping
- Meal Preparation, clean-up and storage
- Nutritional Assistance
- Monitor diet
- Prepare grocery list and future meals
- Errands and shopping
- Prescription pick-up
- Transportation to scheduled appointments
- Dry cleaning and groceries
- Escort to lunch or dinner
- Fun outings away from home
- Support & encouragement
- Discuss historical and current events
- Play games
- Plan visits, outings & trips
- Visit neighbors & friends
- Sorting mail
- Clip coupons
- Arrange appointments
- Appointment and birthday reminders
- Mail bills & letters
We understand that personal care is one of the more intimate and basic functions of people’s lives. Services are provided with the utmost respect and privacy for our clients. We also understand that illness and infirmity contribute to being more vulnerable. With that in mind, we ensure Care Partners follow a defined plan of care and follow those plans to ensure clients are safe and free from harm. Compassion, tenderness, and loving attention to details for our clients is the standard for our Care Team Partners.
Our Personal Services include:
• Companion Care Services
• Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
including toileting, incontinence care
bathing, grooming, dressing assistance,
hygiene, and eating.
• Alzheimer’s and dementia care
• Parkinson’s care
Hospice Support Care
Nearing end of life can be a most difficult experience for an individual, their family, and friends. Having support and compassionate care to come along side can make all the difference. No matter what the journey looks like, it is our privilege to walk it together.
Parkinson’s and ALS Care
Achieving a high level of function for everyday life is a goal that our Care Team Partners can come along side to promote. As the demand on the caregiver increases, the need for partnership becomes increasingly vital.
Overnight Care – Continuous Care or In-Home On-Call
A unique offering of ours is Overnight On-call Shifts. Care Partners provide service for two hours upon arrival at the home, perhaps to prepare a meal, give medication reminders, and assist with preparations for bedtime. Clients have an eight-hour period of sleep, as do Care Partners. The Care Partner is on-call to attend to any client needs overnight – take medications, assist to the bathroom, etc. The Care Partner also provides two hours of service in the morning to assist clients with their morning routine, such as bathing, breakfast, medication reminders, etc. This type of overnight shift is very helpful in meeting the majority of client overnight needs. This 12-hour shift is cost effective in that only 10 hours of service are charged if the Care Partner is not called to assist more than two brief periods during the sleep period. Overnight wake shifts are also available which offer 12 hours of continuous assistance by our Care Partners for care throughout the night.
Benefits of Using an Agency
- Screened Employees – Care Team Partners are screened with national background checks, driving record checks, pre-employment drug screening, reference checks and credential verifications
- Social Security, unemployment and payroll taxes are paid for our Care Team Partners
- Supervision – Care Partners follow a plan of care ensuring needs are met; reassessment of needs every 90 days for nurse managed personal care; in-home supervisory visits
- Continuing education and training for all Care Partners; required dementia training; minimum of 12 hours continuing education per year
- Care Partners are carefully matched with clients to provide the best possible fit and experience
- Care Team Partners support 24 hours a day – always available while serving clients with back-up Care Partners to ensure continuity of care
- Assistance with community resources to address changing care needs
Our home care services are available for private pay and long term care insurance clients. We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, insured, bonded and dedicated to you. Please contact us today at 540-419-1615 so we may learn more about your needs and the best options to partner in meeting them.