- Transportation and special outings: An in-home caregiver can arrange, provide the transportation or accompany the senior for these outings.
- Creating a safe home environment: Virginia Home Care Partners offers a free in-home safety assessment to determine which home safety adaptations may be helpful to keep the home safer from falls.
- Nutritious meal planning and preparation: An in-home caregiver can plan and prepare nutritious and tasty meals alongside the senior for whom he or she is providing care, instructing on proper nutrition and encouraging assistance with the meal preparation when appropriate and of interest to the senior.
- Exercise and activities: Exercise is fundamental to maintaining circulation and bone density in seniors. An in-home caregiver can encourage activities and exercise that are suited to an individual's capabilities and interests.
- Medication reminders: Medications must be taken as prescribed in order to obtain the best health results, and thus the most independence possible. Home care agencies can assist with assuring that only the most recent prescribed medications are taken, give reminders for times medication is needed, and teach the importance of following the doctor's instructions.
- Nourishing the spirit: For seniors who live alone, isolation is an unfortunate aspect of their daily lifestyle. Visits with friends and family members or an in-home caregiver can boost their mood, while regular conversation fine-tunes the mind and memory.
Virginia Home Care Partners is here to help. Please contact us here to let us know how we may partner in your success.